Once you're ready to pose your question to the class, the next step is to scan your students’ Plickers cards. To initiate the scanning process, you need to select a question in the Plickers mobile app. You can select an existing question or Set from your Library. If you want to ask an individual question that is not in a Set, click on that question and then on the Scan button (blue circle). If the question you want to ask is in a Set, select the Set first and then the actual question. You can swipe Right or Left to move from one question to another.
When you can see the question you want to ask on your mobile device, scan all of your students’ cards. As you scan them, you will see the number of successfully scanned cards appear at the top of your mobile device. After you’ve scanned all of your students, press the red circle button to stop scanning. The screen on your mobile device will update automatically. Use the Show/Hide Correct button and the Show/Hide Graph button near the bottom of your mobile device to control what your students see.
Things to Know about Scanning:
- Make sure all of the student cards are visible while you are in the "camera view".
- Green indicates correct answers, Red indicates incorrect answers, Dark Grey indicates invalid answers and Light Grey indicates students have not been scanned.
- If you would like to erase the answers and scan again, click “clear student responses” and you can scan your class again.
- If you're interested in comparing a pre-lesson assessment with a post-lesson assessment, add the relevant question to your class queue twice to create two "copies" to use with the same group of students. Scan one of them before your lesson and scan the other after your lesson.
- Plickers works offline, so you can scan student responses even if you don’t have an Internet connection.
Reviewing Your Data
To see the results of your scan, click Show Graph on your mobile device. You have the option to show, or not to show, the correct answer when displaying results to your students.