To create new Questions and Sets, sign in to your Plickers.com homepage. Please note that although you will use your mobile app to scan student responses, you will create your content on the web.
Creating a Question
From Your Library, a Pack, or a Folder:
- Click the three-dot icon at the top-right hand side.
- Choose New Question from the drop-down menu.
- This will open the Question Editor, where you can build your Question. Newly-created Questions are automatically saved in the same Pack or Folder you had open when you created them.
Creating a Set
From your Library, Pack, or Folder:
- Click on the New Set icon at the top of the homepage.
- This will open the Set Editor where you can add Questions and build your Set.
To combine a group of independent Questions into a Set:
- Select the Questions by holding down the Ctrl or Shift key to select multiple items.
- Then, right-click on the selection and choose New Set from Selection from the drop-down menu.
- This new Set will be automatically saved in the Pack or Folder that is currently open.
Editing a Question
Double-click on a Question to open the Question Editor.
- Click on the large text box to edit your Question’s text.
- Click the answer choice text boxes to edit the choices.
Choosing Graded or Survey Mode
Above the text box, select:
- Graded: to assess students with a correct answer
- Survey: to gauge student opinions or gather feedback, without correct answers
Modifying Answer Choices
In graded mode:
- To set the correct answer, click on the corresponding letter – A, B, C, or D. It will be highlighted in green to indicate it is the correct choice.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Enter to mark an answer as correct. See Keyboard Shortcuts for a full list.
- Click the Shuffle Choices button to randomize the answer choice order.
- To remove an answer choice, hover over the answer line and click the X on the right-hand side.
- To add an answer choice, click the Add Choice button at the top of your page. Plickers supports a maximum of four choices.
- Remember to remove any choices you’re not using – this will prevent invalid responses when scanning.
- Change the layout of your Question by choosing the Standard or Center Layout option on the top-left of the page.
With the free version:
- Click on the image icon on the right-hand side of the question editor to upload and insert an image from your files.
With Plickers Pro:
- Click on the image icon on the right-hand side of the question editor to use the built-in image search
Converting a Question to a Set
At the top of the Question Editor, search for the top left-hand side of the toolbar.
Click the Convert to Set button to create a new Set with the Question you are editing, or use Copy to Clipboard to paste the Question into an existing Set.
Editing a Set
The Set Editor allows you to edit both the list of Questions in your Set and the contents of each Question.
To add new Questions to your Set:
- Click the + button at the top left-hand side of your page.
- New blank Questions will be automatically added to the end of your Set.
- From the left-hand column, drag and drop your Questions to reorder them within the Set.
- Right-click on any Question in the left-hand column to duplicate or delete it.
To print out the Set and use it as a handout or study guide, use the Print Handout button at the top-right of your screen. Use the setup and printing options to customize the document before printing.
Duplicating a Set
If you would like to use a set for a pre-and-post-assessment, you will need to duplicate it so that you can play it twice with students.
- In Set Editor, click the three-dot icon at the top-right hand side.
- Select Duplicate Set from the drop-down menu.
- Both duplicated Sets will be automatically saved in Your Library.
Send a Set to the Trash
- In Set Editor, click the three-dot icon at the top right-hand side.
- Select Send to Trash from the drop-down menu.
- Items sent to the trash are still retrievable, so don’t panic if you inadvertently trash an item!
Retrieve a Set from the Trash
- From your Plickers.com homepage, click on the three-dot icon on the far right-hand side.
- Select View Trash from the drop-down menu.
- Find your content and click the Restore button on the right-hand side.
See Organizing and Finding your Content for more information.