Use this article if:
- You see the following error message when you attempt to sign in to plickers.com:
Cannot send request. Please check internet connection.
- Your internet is definitely working (i.e. you're able to access other websites).
What's your scenario?
To find a solution, please use the toggle boxes below to locate your particular situation:
In this case, the problem is likely due to a setting within your school’s network. Please follow the steps in our Connectivity Check article linked here.
In this case, the problem could be coming from your school network, your device settings, or even your browser.
Follow the steps below to pinpoint the source of the issue:More info
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org as you move through the steps below - we are very keen to support you during this process in any way we can.
Step 1: Try logging in using a personal device on your school network
An easy way to do this would be to open your internet browser on your phone, make sure it's connected to the school's wifi, enter plickers.com in the address bar, and try to log in that way.
- If you continue to experience the same issue, please see the instructions in the toggle box above (called ‘I am connected to my school network, using my own personal computer’).
- If your personal device is able to connect to plickers.com on your school wifi, please move to step 2.
Step 2: Try a different internet browser on your school-provided computer
- If plickers.com works on an alternative browser on your school computer, then there may be restrictions placed on your primary browser. Your IT team should be able to advise on the settings you’ll need to change to fix this.
- If you continue to see the same problem on your alternative browser, please move on to step 3.
Step 3: Ask your IT team about your computer settings
If you've got to this step, it could be that there are settings activated on your computer that are blocking Plickers. We would love to be able to advise you on this, but your computer setup will be unique to your school. So the next step would be to contact your IT team (mentioning the steps you've tried above should hopefully help them locate the problem more easily).
Please check the following, while connected to your home wifi:
- Are you able to access other websites on your school-provided computer?
- Are you able to log in to plickers.com on a personal computer?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ to both:
- This suggests the issue stems from the privacy settings on your school computer.
- We would love to be able to advise you on this, but your computer setup will be unique to your school. So the next step would be to contact your IT team (mentioning the steps you've tried above should hopefully help them locate the problem more easily).
If the answer combination is 'Yes' then 'No':
- Please contact us at email@example.com.
If the answer is 'No' to both:
- This suggests that there is a problem with your home network connection, which your service provider should be able to help with.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org as you move through the steps above - we are very keen to support you during this process in any way we can.
In this case, and if other websites seem to be working ok, please contact us by emailing email@example.com, as it suggests there is a general outage.
Of course, if the above information does not help your situation, please get in touch with us and we'll investigate the problem as soon as possible. And if you'd like us to work directly with your IT team, that's certainly something we can do - please include their contact details in your initial message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.